a future not our own

Wife and cat-lover, progressive Catholic, daughter, sister, friend, Campus Minister and environmentalist, displaced New Englander, Red Sox fan, vegetarian, organic food eater, questioner of the system, seeker of social justice, concerned citizen of the world. Trying to give up old habits of consumerist indulgence and caring too much what people think. Hoping to make a difference.

24 October 2006

i stand corrected

While writing yesterday's post the husband asked me what I was writing about. I told him that he needed to wait and read it just like everyone else. He thought I should have him proofread it before publishing it. I told him that I am very good at proofreading my own writing, thank you very much. Well, the lack of humility came back to kick me in the butt (doesn't it always...). Turns out our lunch was a pasty shade of white (pale) instead of what you use to carry sand at the beach (pail). I've since edited the word, so you can't go back and see my mistake.

Husband, I stand corrected. But don't take too much pride. It's still a BAG, not a pail anyway.

-----

"Humility does not mean thinking less of yourself than of other people, nor does it mean having a low opinion of your own gifts. It means freedom from thinking about yourself at all." ~William Temple

"If I only had a little humility, I would be perfect." ~Ted Turner

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe you guys should get a couple of lunch BOXES. . .

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home