a future not our own

Wife and cat-lover, progressive Catholic, daughter, sister, friend, Campus Minister and environmentalist, displaced New Englander, Red Sox fan, vegetarian, organic food eater, questioner of the system, seeker of social justice, concerned citizen of the world. Trying to give up old habits of consumerist indulgence and caring too much what people think. Hoping to make a difference.

05 January 2007

worst blogger ever

Yup. That's me. I had no idea it had been a month since I last updated this! Time sure does fly.

Anyway, I'll jump on that January bandwagon and resolve to get better with this blog thing, though that won't happen for real (if at all) until after the 13th. You see, I'm leaving tomorrow for the Dominican Republic and won't be back until next Saturday. And by tomorrow I mean 3.00 in the morning, from work. Work is an hour from home, so this means I don't go home from work tonight. I will attempt to sleep in one of two places - either the couch in our office area or a room in the convent on campus. Hmmm... big decision. Haven't made it yet. Won't get enough sleep for it to really matter anyway.

So wish me luck! I'm spending the next week in a foreign country with 12 other people from work - college students, nuns, other employees. Anything could happen! We'll be working in a school with young kids, helping to repair the roof on a home that leaks when it rains (occupied by a young brother and sister who recently lost their parents), playing lots of baseball (it is the Dominican, after all - home of Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz - I brought my Red Sox shirt for good measure), going to the beach for a day, touring the area, hanging out with Spanish-speaking nuns... You know, the usual :-)

Here's hoping the anti-malarials I'm taking don't make me too sick and the Hep A vaccine I got two days ago kicks in before the predicted two week mark!

------------------

(I'll miss you, K.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll miss you too, K.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home